- To create awareness among the women of economically weaker sections belonging to families of small and marginal farmers for adopting and to implement appropriate technology for home as well as farm management.
- To promote renewable energy sources for agro-production and eco-management among the women engaged with such activities.
- To provide assistance to destitute disabled and handicapped women & children for upliftment of their socio-economic status.
- To start community development projects in the areas of public health, animal husbandry, agriculture, village and cottage industry, rural/tribal development through extension of appropriate technology, Non-formal education etc.
- To run school/hostel for vocational education to the children particularly girls of tribal and rural poverty.
- Environmental and sanitation awareness development camps, clubs in rural/tribal areas.
- To conduct surveys for evaluation of the present status and to assess future potentiality of women of weaker sections to develop/improve work culture among them.
- To promote appropriate technology for saving rural women from drudgery.
- To establish old age homes for women.
- To organize AIDS awareness camps in urban slums, rural and tribal areas.
- To undertake adult literacy programmes in rural/tribal areas.
- To run education programme for handicapped children and women.
- To run a school for deaf and dumb.
- To assist voluntary agencies in finding proper technical manpower and to foster link between communities, people, public bodies and voluntary agencies through developmental activities.
Causes we work on
- Water & Sanitation
- Welfare of War Veterans
- Various awards national & international
Why work with us
are the heart and soul of AWCD and are involved in all of our programs. Our
volunteers are a diverse group that brings to our organizations a wide range
of experience, talent and energy. The support of volunteers and their
dedication to our work has helped our organization to grow and help us to
achieve our mission. For information on volunteering with AWCD, please sign up
and registered with us. AWCD is providing you wide platform of options
for socio-geographical expeditions integrated with social work and a journey
towards inner-self. Here you can enjoy a plethora of ecological variations
ranging from rain forests to the great Thar desert, or from world-famous sea
coasts to Himalayas. ACTION for Women & Child development (AWCD) provides you the most fulfilling
experience and work opportunities in India. You can choose Volunteering from
a various work locations including: Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chandigarh,
Haridwar, Jaipur, Udaipur, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal
Pradesh, Uttrakhand (Uttranchal). Each project destinations is unique in its
culture, climate, people, religion, traditions and geographical conditions.
You can work with us either directly on the field or help us in with backend projects. Please write to us at about your interest and the time you would like to spend with us and one of our volunteer coordinators will get in touch with you soon.
Joined01st Nov, 2014
Volunteers Working with us480
- Himanshu Chanda (Admin)
- B/38, AGE Building, Dwarka More, New Delhi-110059